ENHANCING CONTRACT PERFORMANCE
Knowledge and Experience Working for You
We have both the program management skills and the specific subject matter knowledge to evaluate, understand, and help you launch or improve new business projects, particularly international business operations.
Some examples of our work:
We can help you assess the risks and rewards of doing business in such emerging market areas as Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe. Examples of our experience include:
- A political risk analysis of four countries for a Fortune 500 services company that wanted to open operations in Latin America
- A vulnerability assessment of two prospective locations for an infrastructure project in the Middle East
- Service as the principal advisor to the Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs
- Regular ministerial-level meetings throughout Russia, the Caucasus, and the Central Asian republics in implementing regional biological safety programs
- Presented business proposals to the Nigerian National Assembly
- Defined and implemented new processes, systems, and procedures to improve revenue and profitability in multiple companies
International Business Operations
We know how to navigate cultural, regulatory, legal, and political constraints in foreign countries, and can guide you as you open, staff, and operate overseas offices. Our Associates have:
- Developed a national supply system for the Saudi Ministry of Finance and the National Economy
- Managed complex disarmament projects on site in Kazakhstan, Russia, and Uzbekistan
- Sourced materials throughout Central Asia on behalf of the U.S. Government
- Opened business operations in Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Uganda, and Uzbekistan. This effort included registration, licensing, leasing of office space, opening of bank accounts, procurement of equipment, management of warehouse operations, and screening and staffing of local national employees, all in full compliance with both local national and U.S. laws and regulations.
Supply Chain Management
We have extensive experience in all phases of the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR) model – plan, source, make, deliver, and return. All of us have managed overseas projects and have been involved in procuring, shipping, warehousing, installing, and maintaining equipment and consumables from local, regional, and international providers. One of our Associates spent 35 years as a senior executive at the General Services Administration and the Defense Logistics Agency. We can therefore help you tailor logistics to your specific operating environment and requirements.
Biological Risk Management
Five of our Associates have worked on Biological Threat Reduction Program activities throughout the Former Soviet Union, and one of our Associates is a Registered Biosafety Professional with a PhD in biochemistry and microbiology. We have worked with the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and numerous international and transnational organizations involved with laboratory design and operations, personnel management, maintenance, biological security, and pandemic planning.